This version of Atlantis Word Processor is a minor release with the Highlight instances of the selected text feature, plus bug fixes. Please read on for details:
- Bug fixes (switching between the Full and Lite versions of Atlantis Word Processor under Windows 10, pasting table columns, and more).
- When you select text with the mouse or keyboard, Atlantis can automatically highlight other instances of the selected text in the document window:
In addition, the total number of found instances of the selected text is reported through the status bar of Atlantis:
If you click the instance count hyperlink in the status bar:
all the highlighted instances would be selected as a proper multiple selection:
After this, you could perform various actions on the selected items. You could apply a different font formatting, delete the selection, bookmark each selected item or convert it into a clickable hyperlink, etc etc etc. You could also overtype the selected instances with new text. In this way, you could quickly replace all instances of "Alice" with "Jane" without using the Find / Replace tool.
Note that Atlantis highlights instances of a manually selected text only. The selection should also contain entire words not word fragments, and the corresponding option - Highlight instances of the selected text - should be enabled on the "Edit" tab of the "Tools | Options..." dialog.
To configure the feature, click the [...] link in the status bar:
This would display a menu with the following options:
- If you uncheck the Highlight Instances of the Selected Text option, Atlantis would stop highlighting instances of selected text. The feature can be reactivated on the "Edit" tab of the "Tools | Options..." dialog.
- When the Exact Match option is unchecked, Atlantis doesn't distinguish between uppercase and lowercase characters, and characters with diacritical marks and the corresponding base characters are considered as identical. When the option is checked, Atlantis reports only those instances that completely match the selected text. For more details, see the notes on the "Exact match" option of the the Find / Replace tool.
- When The Enter Key Selects Highlighted Instances option is checked, you can quickly select all the highlighted instances as a multiple selection simply by pressing the Enter key. Otherwise, the highlighted instances can be selected by clicking the instance count hyperlink in the status bar:
- When the Mouse Hover Previews option is checked, you can hover the mouse over the instance count hyperlink in the status bar:
in order to navigate among the highlighted instances scattered throughout the document.
Note: The Highlight instances of the selected text feature is unavailable in the Lite version of Atlantis Word Processor.
See more release notes.