Thanks A Bunch!!!!!

General comments and questions. Technical support.

Thanks A Bunch!!!!!

Post by Guest »

Hi,
Just used the feature on Atlantis to Cut HTML with Pictures from my website into Atlantis. My Firewall asked for permission to access the internet to recover the Photos which I allowed it to do.
I would like to know from you what secret advertisment robot atlantis has hidden in the program because everything on my website that is underlined now contains pop up advertisement tips and adverts. I do not want this on my website. It is atlantis responsible for this not my web site.
How do I change it back without having to edit HTML again??????
Carl
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Atlantis has the "File | Save Special | Save as Web Page..." command. It allows to save the active document as HTML. I suggest that you use this command again to convert your document to HTML. Then open the generated HTML file in Notepad. Where is the "robot" you are talking about? How this "robot" is supposed to look?

I assume that you are unfamiliar with the HTML basics. Otherwise you would not claim such nonsense.

Most probably you are using a (free) Web hosting service. And your payment for this free service are those banners displayed by the provider of this service.

Post by Guest »

My Bad! Please accept my grovelling apology. It was highlighted words within the text on my website I was referring to. There was nothing like that when I visited my site just 2 hours previously and the only other thing I used was atlantis to copy text and images from my website into Atlantis, when Atlantis asked permission to connect to my website to recover the images and all these words started being highlighted after it did so, I assumed it was atlantis responsible. I have since found out it was a million to one shot, but it is that precise moment that my website started using this new system of hidden advertisement using pop up screens with highlighted word.
I should have checked this out before accusing you.
Sorry Again.
(Registered user too embarrassed to log in and give his real name)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's OK. When Atlantis tries to connect to Internet in order to download missing pictures, it might look suspicious indeed. Atlantis 1.6 has a new option in the "Tools | Options... > Load/Save" dialog - "Download images from the Web" - allowing to disable this feature.