Atlantis ROCKS!!!!!

General comments and questions. Technical support.
prathapml

Atlantis ROCKS!!!!!

Post by prathapml »

Hello to all of the team that develops this great software!

I just heard of this today, and am wonder-struck after installing it. The best part being it looks as any other normal app in XP (unlike abiword). My jaw fell open seeing what all this piece of software could do! (I had typed in atleast 30 more lines about which features I found interesting, but the browser refreshed this page and made me lose it :(.)

Keep it up guys, its a FANTASTIC word-processor as it is, and the likes of abiword/openoffice are years behind it in terms of "simply do it" functionality and user interface. :D
Robert

Re: Atlantis ROCKS!!!!!

Post by Robert »

prathapml wrote: Hello to all of the team that develops this great software!
Keep it up guys, its a FANTASTIC word-processor as it is, and the likes of abiword/openoffice are years behind it in terms of "simply do it" functionality and user interface. :D
Greetings--
Just wait till the next version is released!
You will have even nicer surprises!
Cheers
Robert
prathapml

Post by prathapml »

wow Robert :o
Sounds great man!

I already love it as it is - Its just perfect for all the purposes we need.... I'll try to buy it at the end of my 30-day allotted time. The next release will certainly bring in things I never even saw in other packages!

Thanks again!
good luck, and continue rolling the development - never become sad or give up on it. :)
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

I use Atlantis Nova.
It is really great because it's light and stable,
runs with only one EXE (so I can take it on a floppy),
and still has most features I need in a word processor.
Only tables lack, that's all. So please keep it lightweight,
and don't make the same mistake as many others!
An overloaded word processor with stupid functions we already have - MS Word.
Prince

I ever try

Post by Prince »

I ever try to work with company-owned Word for Windows, but there is every day a point I plug in my private usb-stick for starting Atlantis to do my work in a satisfying way (for me satisfying of course).
Just call me the Prince
sgp

Post by sgp »

I'm just investigating Atlantis, one question:
does the full-blown Atlantis work off of a usb key, or is it only the light, single-exe, version that can do that? TIA
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

To "install" Atlantis to a CD, or to another removable drive:

1) Launch your copy of Atlantis installed to your hard disk, and choose the "Tools | Options..." command. Click the "Save Settings to File..." button, and save the settings to the home folder of Atlantis on your hard disk (the settings file name must be Atlantis.ini).

2) Copy all the contents of the home folder of Atlantis to your CD, or to another removable drive you want to install Atlantis to (for example, to an USB drive).
m

Post by m »

I tried, separately, two ways: saving a ''reg'' file with the Atlantis registry settings (and my registration info too...) and, secondly by saving these registry settings to the ''ini'' file in the Atlantis directory and launch it with the -lsi and -ssi parameters... The first one worked ok, the second no! I prefer although the second one, as I'm not leaving behind in a ''pc at work'' my registration info (I suppose you too...). What can I do to fix things and have my registered Atlantis with all of my settings just from the ''ini'' file without the windows registry involvement?
(Sorry for my poor English... I'm foreigner...)

(P.S.: By the way, I assumed that the ''SaveSettingsToIni ssi Atlantis saves settings to the Atlantis.ini file in the home directory on close. Atlantis.exe -lsi'' entry in the Help file, Section ''Command-line Parameters'' is wrong and the wright is ''Atlantis.exe -ssi''. Wright?)

Thank you in advance...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you want to "install" Atlantis to an USB drive (or to any other removable drive), please just follow the instructions from my previous post. You do not need any command-line switches or REG files for this. Just launch the Atlantis.exe from your removable drive.

Command-line switches are OK. But they are not intended for launching Atlantis from a removable drive.

If you want to use Atlantis on your hard disk, you can use the command-line switches to control how Atlantis loads/saves its settings.

The "-lsi" switch (or its longer version "LoadSettingsFromIni") instructs Atlantis to load settings from the Atlantis.ini file under the home folder of Atlantis.

The "-ssi" switch (or its longer version "SaveSettingsToIni") instructs Atlantis to save settings (on close) to the Atlantis.ini file under the home folder of Atlantis.

You could use both switches in the command-line:

"C:\Program Files\Atlantis\Atlantis.exe" -lsi -ssi

Atlantis would load its settings from the Atlantis.ini, and save them to the same INI file. No settings would be loaded from (or saved to) the Windows Registry.

Post by Guest »

Hey! Just installed the program and wanted to say that it is wonderful. I do a lot of intensive word processing, mainly with MS Word.

I opened a huge *.doc document (2.4 MB+)just for testing and Atlantis struggled a bit at the beggining, but then all was smooth and the conversion was impressively right. Far far better that what Word Perfect 12 does. The document was fairy complex. It had headers (first page different, even and odd and 15 sections), TOC, custom styles... and it was absolutely perfect, except for the fact that, while recognizing headers, it wasn't capable of generating the TOC for itself. Except for this and the absence of footnotes, which I've read they are on the works, I'm truly impressed.

I do many transliterations (mainly from ancient greek) and use to insert simbols by combining unicode glyphs and such things. While testing, I found the insert symbol dialog a little strange. It is arranged by languages and not by "font sections", as in Word and WordPerfect. It'll be nice to have it arranged like Word and WordPerfect and if Atlantis showed the unicode glyph number.

Otherwise, I'll made Atlantis my main word processor when footnotes become available. Just wanted to support the people working at it. Keep up the good work.

Regards.

Post by Guest »

Hi. I'm also experiencing it. Here is a capture. I'm on Windows 2000 SP4, if it matters:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Anonymous wrote: Hi. I'm also experiencing it. Here is a capture. I'm on Windows 2000 SP4, if it matters
Please see this Forum topic.