Text all underlined after entering URL

General comments and questions. Technical support.
fulcanelli

Text all underlined after entering URL

Post by fulcanelli »

When I have longer emails to write, I like to write them in Atlantis first, and then copy/paste into my email text box (Eudora.) I note that when I enter an internet address, the text appears normal with subsequent text, but when I paste it in to my email program, all the text after the URL is underlined. I can't figure out how to correct that. The only thing that I can do to make it as I want is to first enter my text in Notepad, then copy/paste that into my email program.

Is the underlining caused by something to do with Atlantis, or my email program?

Thanks.
Robert

Re: Text all underlined after entering URL

Post by Robert »

fulcanelli wrote: When I have longer emails to write, I like to write them in Atlantis first, and then copy/paste into my email text box (Eudora.) I note that when I enter an internet address, the text appears normal with subsequent text, but when I paste it in to my email program, all the text after the URL is underlined. I can't figure out how to correct that. The only thing that I can do to make it as I want is to first enter my text in Notepad, then copy/paste that into my email program.

Is the underlining caused by something to do with Atlantis, or my email program?

Thanks.
Greetings--
This is not happening with Outlook Express.
Maybe you could try this trick:
1) Select the whole of your typed message in Atlantis (Ctrl+A).
2) Cut the selection to the Windows clipboard (Ctrl+X).
3) Still in Atlantis, pull the drop-down list attached to the Paste toolbar button, then click "Plain Text".
4) Select the whole of the pasted text (Ctrl+A), then copy it to the Windows clipboard (Ctrl+C).
5) Open your email client, create a new message, then paste the Windows clipboard contents (Ctrl+V).
Does this work?
Alternatively, you could deactivate all hyperlinks in your message before sending it to the Windows clipboard. Atlantis has a "Deactivate hyperlinks" button/command. You will find it in the "Edit" commands of the Tools | Toolbars... dialog.
Cheers
Robert