improvement in getting word count maxed out?

Request new features or suggest modifications to existing features of Atlantis.
franklekens

improvement in getting word count maxed out?

Post by franklekens »

At some point, if you've been using Atlantis for a while, the word count in the status bar no longer functions. It keeps saying 0 words for all documents.

You can still get the statistics by doubleclicking it, the pop-up window with full (and presumably accurate) statisticks will then appear. But it's an extra step.

I'm in the habit of running Atlantis for long stretches of time with quite a number of documents open, and without restarting the programme. Because every time I restart, it starts with the documents windows in a default position and I have to resize and reposition them to some extent. (And I'm really really lazy.) That probably has something to do with why I run into this frequently.

I'm not sure what the cause is, I think maybe it was mentioned here in the groups sometime (something in the registry?).

But if anytime there is a way to remedy this, so the word count on the status bar no longer stops functioning, requiring you either to restart the programme or use the pop-up window to get the stats, I'd really appreciate it.

Obviously, not fatal. It would just be nice (for a rather lazy user).
admin
Site Admin

Re: improvement in getting word count maxed out?

Post by admin »

if you've been using Atlantis for a while
For how long?

It is a good idea to restart Atlantis from time to time.

By the way, the recent builds of Atlantis are supposed to restore the document window layout after a restart. If you have multiple documents open in Atlantis, and their windows are not maximized to occupy the entire Atlantis window, and the “Reload open documents at startup” option is checked on the “Load/Save” tab of the “Tools | Options...” dialog, and you close Atlantis and run it again, the size and position of the document windows is supposed be restored.