Find/Replace histories disappeared

General comments and questions. Technical support.
Alan

Find/Replace histories disappeared

Post by Alan »

Today when I went to do my standard formatting upgrade (28 search strings) through Find, the history was empty, clicking on the drop-down menu did nothing. I checked and the Replace history is also empty. In the last couple of days I upgraded from version 4.1.5 to 4.2.2.5 to check if Page settngs would populate the fields from the first section in the highlighted text (still empty, and the reason I went back to 4.1.5) and decided to stay as I saw that with the section removed for the cover page and as a result the whole file was 1 section, I could place the Insert point in an old section when doing an Insert > File and have the fields populated with the values I wanted, then apply to whole document. Is there a way to load he Find & Replace strings from somewhere? I restored a copy of the Atlantis.ini file from my nightly USB Flash Drive backup, it did not restore the search strings, and noted that the date was yesterday and around the time I closed Atlantis for the night. Restored from an external hard drive with a 3/3/2023 date, a time before I upgraded from version 4.1.5, with no restoration of search strings.
Atlantis 4.3
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
admin
Site Admin

Re: Find/Replace histories disappeared

Post by admin »

The format of the search history of 4.1.5 is incompatible with 4.2.1+. It is one of the few minor settings dropped after upgrading to 4.2.1+.

The search history is generated automatically by Atlantis. You cannot edit it. So I do not quite understand why this history is so important to you, and why you do not use the Saved searches feature instead.

Most probably your old search history is still sitting in the Registry. If you extract the following key from your Registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Atlantis Word Processor\Internal\FindReplace (see how)

and email it to support@AtlantisWordProcessor.com, we could convert it to the plain text form, and email back to you.
Alan

Post by Alan »

Hi Admin,
I have emailed the export file AWP_FindReplace as directed.

Alan
Atlantis 4.3
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please see your private messages.

With the "Saved searches" feature, you could include both a "find what" and "replace with" patterns into one named "saved search".
Alan

Post by Alan »

Thank you for the list of my old version searches. I have started on creating Saved searches for these.
Atlantis 4.3
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Alan

Post by Alan »

Hi admin,
I now have all my searches input into Saved searches. I want to make sure I am backing up those searches. Where are Saved searches located?

Alan
Atlantis 4.3
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Within the INI file.