a word that can't be moved

General comments and questions. Technical support.
franklekens

a word that can't be moved

Post by franklekens »

I have the weirdest thing. Version 4.2.1.1.

I have a 100.000 word document, RTF. I've been working in it a lot. It has no very special formatting, all text is about the same font, only at 7 points have I inserted a heading (and there's a generated TOC).

Now there is one word in the text that I was trying to copy to a few paragraphs above. It's actually not word, it's a name (Doughty). I tried doing this by dragging it with the CTRL key pressed. Doesn't work. In fact, I can't even *move* the word by dragging it. All the surrounding words I can drag along all I want. But this one word will just stay put.
All I can do is retype it in the place where I want it copied, or I can select it and use the copy command. But dragging... no sir.

And if I type that name in the paragraph where i copied it to... *that* instance of the word also becomes immovable.
What's with this name that makes it immovable?
I've already restarted the programme once or twice. Doesn't help.

It's no huge problem, it's just very weird.
franklekens

Re: a word that can't be moved

Post by franklekens »

Okay, so I overlooked a crucial feature of this word, and I think this points to a bug in the new version. Doughty is, obviously, underlined, because I use inline spell checking and Doughty is not a valid word either in English or Dutch (my document is Dutch).

And now I notice *all* words that are underline are immovable. I've never noticed this before, and surely it's not expected or desired behaviour?

Or is this a (new?) setting I can switch off somewhere?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Do you mean you that you double-click a misspelt (red-underlined) word, then try to move the selection with drag & drop, and nothing happens? If so, I cannot reproduce this on my system. I suppose the "Drag & Drop" option is enabled on the "Edit" tab of the "Tools | Options..." dialog in your Atlantis.
franklekens

Post by franklekens »

Yes, that option is checked. As I said, the problem occurs only with words that are underlined by the spell check.

And it occurs on a different computer too, a new laptop I've just installed Atlantis on. It's a little weird: sometimes it will let me drag a single underlined word one time. But then afterwards, it simply starts disallowing it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Fixed in version 4.3. Thank you.