latest update 4.2.1.1

General comments and questions. Technical support.
franklekens

latest update 4.2.1.1

Post by franklekens »

Has something changed in the update procedure? I regularly update when the programme prompts me, and it did just now and upgraded tot 4.2.1.1. (from a version not much older).

ALL my preferences are gone. The toolbars I had customized, the window size, the autocorrect options. (A *huge* number. I think I have an exported copy, but still.)

I've never had this, I even have to go and think how to customize it and what all I had customized, I'll be spending an hour or more just figuring that out. That's not quite what i counted on doing for my work tonight. Is this a peculiarity of this particular new update?
I haven't seen this before and I've worked with the programme for a few years now.
franklekens

Re: latest update 4.2.1.1

Post by franklekens »

The document history is also lost, for instance.
Might have to do with a crash due to a power cut. But the strange thing was: after that, the programme *did* start again with the most recent documents open (at least those from before the last time I'd properly closed the programme). Then I wanted to close it, it asked to update, it updated and restarted... and now the document history is that of files from months ago. How weird!

and another thing: the toolbar buttons are smaller. I'm sure the toolbar buttons were bigger previous to this. Is this something new in the update or some customization I can do? I can't find it.
Or forget that, I have found it. But this is one of those settings that's automatically reverted to default for no sreason.
As is the composition of the toolbars.
franklekens

Post by franklekens »

Would be nice if you could export the toolbar configuration &c for cases like this. It's so unnerving to suddenly get back in an environment where you have to search for everything that was at your fingertips a minute ago.
franklekens

Post by franklekens »

And then when I re-import my autocorrect entries, I get that problem with UTF or something again. All entries containing apostrophes are fucked,

Really, this is one fucked up update. All the hotkeys I have to (remember to) reassign, &c &c.
franklekens

Post by franklekens »

I see the import/export ini file dialogue now, but there was no old ini for me to import (anymore). I wonder why it was overwritten by the default though.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Probably when you clicked to update, there was the "Atlantis.ini" file under the "My documents\Atlantis" folder with some old settings. Your recent settings are probably still available in the Windows Registry. You can close all running instances of Atlantis (if any), delete (or rename) the "My documents\Atlantis\Atlantis.ini", then launch (the latest version of) Atlantis. It would retrieve your Registry settings, and save them to the INI file.
franklekens

Post by franklekens »

Thanks. Sorry for the griping, this caught me at a bad moment (just after a power cut that was an irritant in itself).

I've since restored my settings mainly manually, but now that I'm more aware of the save settings option, I'm trying to save them on a regular basis and store them somewhere I can find them.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, but if you wish, you can still retrieve your recent settings from the Registry.
franklekens

Post by franklekens »

Okay, thanks for the explanation.

Although I'm wondering: suppose I close down Atlantis, restart it & see I've lost my settings. If I then do some manual twiddling with the settings, and close it, won't those recent settings in the registry be overwritten by the new default ones that I've just twiddled with? Does it store different instances of the settings in the registry?