Personal dictionaries not selected

General comments and questions. Technical support.
Alan

Personal dictionaries not selected

Post by Alan »

When I turned on my computer this morning and went to edit a file I had been working on yesterday I found a lot of words underlined in red indicating misspellings. When I had completed yesterday there were no misspellings in the file. I finally determined that all of the personal dictionaries were no longer listed for the file language. In the process of restoring the personal dictionaries some were not listed because they had no file extension. All these were created through Atlantis and they are with complete file name: userdiceNames, userdicenArchaic, userdicenSlang. Are these files .tlx? Can I safely rename them with the file extension tlx?
I want to rename them to save future problems and time so they show up automatically instead of having to look and have all files listed. As part of the process to rid myself of the exceptions introduced by the spellchecker I deleted Atlantis and restored the next to last dowload I had made, which means currently I am running version 4.1.1.2.

Alan
Atlantis 4.3
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
admin
Site Admin

Re: Personal dictionaries not selected

Post by admin »

The user spellcheck lexicons are just plain text files. You can use any file extension.
Alan

Re: Personal dictionaries not selected

Post by Alan »

Thank you
Atlantis 4.3
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit