Toolbar has leftover display

General comments and questions. Technical support.
Shan

Toolbar has leftover display

Post by Shan »

Thank you. On top of the upograded Atlantis wrecking my toolbars, losing all my working preferences, including my Clips (ignores my uini file) my careful description of the toolbars problem has been disappeared. After logging in and writing it I pressed Send - but it again asked me to log in. I did that and all my message has been removed.
Blinding headache from struggling with the horrible new Atkantis - loved Atlantis so much used it since its first year and brought you 100s of registrations by my staff and students. Now it's my enemy.
Toolbar insists it has a leftover section. When Im working the tooolbar slips to the left (Classic view, top) and displays a set of icons I did not choose. Customisation cannot reach them as it does not show a 'Footnotes' section.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Toolbar has leftover display

Post by admin »

Sorry, you upgraded from which version of Atlantis?

And how do you try to use your INI file?
Shan

Post by Shan »

I don't recall what the old Atlantis was sorry. I tried the Load my ini file and the new install refused to load it.
The new Atlantis seems to be a completely new installation - new icons on desktop, taskbar, no continuity in my settings at al. I also paid full price. Mostly I have managed to get it back to how the old Atlantis was although it took hours.

Anyway after redoing my Toolbar with the functions I want (Classic mode in 2 strips) It has an extra unwanted section.
I can't reach it deliberately. But suddenly while I'm working the main toolbar slips to the left leaving this little section. There's an arrow so I can slide the main toolbar back again.
The extra bit WAS showing footnote stuff, now it shows hyperlink options.
The extra bit now ahows on the end of the main toolbar.
It's distracting. How to disable this popup of extras?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The toolbars of version 1 are not compatible with the toolbars of version 4.

The "extra bit" is a context "Footnotes" toolbar. It is offered when you select a footnote in the document.

Disabling the context toolbars is not a very good idea. But you can still do this through the "Tools | Customize | Toolbars..." menu command.