intermittent, undeletable 0.5" tab in footnotes

General comments and questions. Technical support.
djsmith911

intermittent, undeletable 0.5" tab in footnotes

Post by djsmith911 »

I noticed that my latest document (a chapter of my book) suddenly has a 0.5" tab in all inserted footnotes after inserting more than a dozen with no tab. Previous docs did NOT have the 0.5" tab, and it looks bad in the same page as footnotes without the tab. I have gotten rid of the 0.5" tab in the Sections|page settings, gotten rid of the tab in the style setting for footnote text, but still the tab persists in the document where it started adding them (new docs correctly show no tab). What else can I do to change back to the no tab footnotes setting in the doc that I've already created that already has more than a dozen no 0.5" tab footnotes?

Also, I don't understand why I had no tab on all my other footnotes in other docs since the Section|page setting was set to 0.5" and so was the tab setting for footnote text Style. How does tab settings work for footnotes? I'm confused. Your documentation doesn't address this topic.
admin
Site Admin

Re: intermittent, undeletable 0.5" tab in footnotes

Post by admin »

There is no link between individual documents in Atlantis. Your conceptions of document templates in Atlantis are not correct.

If possible, please email your document file to support@atlantiswordprocessor.com. It is hard to suggest an explanation without having the document file itself.
djsmith911

Post by djsmith911 »

There is no link between individual documents in Atlantis. Your conceptions of document templates in Atlantis are not correct.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All my documents use the same document template, but because it does not get updated when I change or add styles in new documents, things got out of sync. The document that had the footnote problem had it's template modified that didn't get updated to the original template, thus it had a footnote setting that no other docs in my project had. If there was a feature to update the template every time the styles got changed in a document, this problem could have been avoided.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Your documents do not use any template. They were created from a certain template. If you delete all your document templates, this would have absolutely no effect on any of your existing documents. I can only reiterate that the document templates in Atlantis do not work in the way you think. You are suggesting changes to a non-existing feature.
djsmith911

Post by djsmith911 »

Your documents do not use any template. They were created from a certain template. If you delete all your document templates, this would have absolutely no effect on any of your existing documents. I can only reiterate that the document templates in Atlantis do not work in the way you think. You are suggesting changes to a non-existing feature.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I completely UNDERSTAND that it is NOT linked to the template Okay? How do I make that more clear? What I have asked for is an additional metadata (which Atlantis does support because I can see it under file|properties) that stores the name and path of the template used to create the document, and also for it to be viewable by the user. I have also asked for mods to the app that will save any changes to styles in the document to the template stored in this metadata by user request, or possibly before the document is closed in a reminder message; the same way Microsoft does it. This is a completely simple and do-able change to the software that should break anyone's brain too much. Please forward this request to the developers and stop arguing about it.