Opening screen image

General comments and questions. Technical support.
harolnick

Opening screen image

Post by harolnick »

This is a cosmetic question, My newest version of Atlantis is working beautifully. But when I get onto the site, I am faced with a topside Title Bar (Files, Edit, View, Help etc), and then a glaring white space over most of the screen. I can live with it. But wonder whether it's possible to cover this white opening with another color, another theme,maybe an image or two. I've serched through every topic from "colors" to "view", yet I'm left with that blank screen, which hardly prompts more than a blank mind until I bring up a file. No urgency, no hurry, purely a selfish query, Thanks
Robert

Re: Opening screen image

Post by Robert »

Could you please post a screen capture?
harolnick

Post by harolnick »

Can't do it. The screen is a big off-white square taking the whole computer screen, except for the Title Bar horizontally on the top. (The Control Board panel I have hidden). So simply want to fill the white screen with something more....er, interesting?
Robert

Post by Robert »

Of course you can!
1. Launch Atlantis on your system.
2. Press the PrtScn (aka Print) key on your keyboard.
3. Still in Atlantis, press Ctrl+N.
4. Press Ctrl+V.
5. Right-click the pasted screen capture, and save it to your system.
6. Post the saved picture here on the Atlantis Forum.
harolnick

Post by harolnick »

teat.rtf
(243.21 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
harolnick

Post by harolnick »

Well, I sent on line a file called teat.rtf. but have no idea whether you would have received it (The line "Not downloaded yet is for a second try. but teat.rtf should be there. The top three-quarters is as I described it. the PrintScreen also included at the bottom a file I can't seem to get rid of.(It's your reply a few days and it pops up in unlikely places, but am not worried about it.) Anyhow, got more writing to do, then "60 Minutes", then out with the dog. If any more complexities let me know.
harolnick

Post by harolnick »

Aha!!!!!! Teat.rtf actually works. That is, the top three-quarters (Title Bar and white space) is what I get when "turning on' Atlantis!! That downward part (your original message about another subject) I dont see on myscreen, but probably is part of it). Anyhow even if I can't fill in the white void, I learned how to use PrtScr

All the best.
Robert

Post by Robert »

The PrintScreen key takes a screen capture of the whole of your computer screen. The screen capture you made includes the Atlantis own interface, the Windows Taskbar, plus some third-party document where you pasted the text of one of the forum posts.
Now the blank display you are seeing in Atlantis cannot be customized. It is what gets displayed when there is literally nothing to display except for the title bar: no Control Board, no Clippy Bank, no document.
Open any document or activate "Create a new document at startup" in the Options, and the uninspiring blank will vanish:

harolnick

Post by harolnick »

Got it!!!! Thanks for your efforts. My saved files are in great shape, the customized hotkeys are exactly the way I want them, I can put on a Control Board if I need it, and all else is just fine. I don;t know if Version 4*** is a great improvement on Version 1****, but am happy to have downloaded and paid for it. Your help was terrific. Now I'm on my own.