document space

General comments and questions. Technical support.
harolnick

document space

Post by harolnick »

I just loaded the newest version of Atlantis. All is fine----except that my document is smack in the middle of the screen with huge margins (different colors from document) on left,right, top, bottom. Outside of pressing F9 with the document filling the whole screen, how do I enlarge the document space?
Robert

Re: document space

Post by Robert »

You can display the document in the "Draft view (wrap to window)" view mode. Choose the desired view mode with a click on the corresponding status bar icon:

Alternatively, you can use the dedicated "View" main menu commands:

In the "Draft view (wrap to window)" mode, Atlantis ignores the document page settings, and uses the entire width of the document window to wrap the document contents.

You’ll find detailed explanations on the different view modes in the Atlantis dedicated help page.

Now your margins might look huge if the document is being displayed with a small zoom factor. Use the status bar slider to specify any appropriate zoom factor:

You’ll find detailed explanations on the Zoom view mode in the Atlantis dedicated help page.

Note that you can customize the colors used to display the margins. This is done through he "Colors" tab of the "Tools | Options…" dialog:

You’ll find detailed explanations on the Atlantis "Colors" settings in the Atlantis dedicated help page.

Finally, your margins might look huge because they are actually big! You can adjust the margins size through the "File | Page Settings…" dialog:

You’ll find detailed explanations on the Atlantis "Page Settings" in the Atlantis dedicated help page.
HTH
Robert
harolnick

Re: document space

Post by harolnick »

Again, you've loaded me up with terrific answers. I took one, and it works well. Finished a music review, and did another chapter for a commissioned book, and made certain my files were nice and tidy and locked up in an unbreakable backup and tomorrow will load it all on an external drive.....and then have vodka of satisfaction and write another chapter. As always, thanks.