What file are Saved Searches saved in?

General comments and questions. Technical support.
djsmith911

What file are Saved Searches saved in?

Post by djsmith911 »

I composed a couple of regex searches and saved them, but the "Save" button did not become activated. and the file I composed the search for is ReadOnly (because it is a source of my research and I don't want to accidentally modify it). My Searches already didn't get saved once because of this but I'd like to be able to check if they were saved or not by checking the file they are stored in. Is it an ini file or what?

Using Atlantis v. 4.1.5.1
Robert

Re: What file are Saved Searches saved in?

Post by Robert »

By default, the Saved Searches are saved to the Windows registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Atlantis Word Processor\SavedSearches). However, you’d be well advised not to tamper with the registry keys. Just let Atlantis deal automatically with your Saved Searches.
Now if you launch Atlantis with Factory Settings, and you click “Save Current Search”, the current search will only be saved for the current Atlantis work session. It won’t be available as a Saved Search after you have closed Atlantis.
The same will happen if you launch Atlantis from the command-line with the “dss” switch (“don’t save settings”). The current search will only be saved for the current Atlantis work session, and won’t be available as a Saved Search after you have closed Atlantis.
HTH
Robert
Robert

Re: What file are Saved Searches saved in?

Post by Robert »

If you launch Atlantis from the command-line through an INI file, don’t forget to save your Atlantis settings to that INI file before closing Atlantis. Your Saved Searches will be saved to that INI file with your other settings.
There is an easy way to check if your searches were saved. Simply look at the available Saved Searches: