Atlantis Crash Copying Images

General comments and questions. Technical support.
Qwertyportne

Atlantis Crash Copying Images

Post by Qwertyportne »

Every time I try to copy a portion of a document that includes a graphic image, Atlantis crashes. Is something goofed up with my Windows or has anyone else noticed this problem with Atlantis?
Robert

Re: Atlantis Crash Copying Images

Post by Robert »

It can only happen at times with specific documents and specific strings of commands. It would help if you sent such a document to support@AtlantisWordProcessor.com with exact steps to reproduce the problem. Please say which Atlantis version you are using ("Help | About.."), running on which Windows system (XP, Vista, 8, 10, 11). Please also send your current Atlantis configuration ("Tools | Options… > Save to File…").
Qwertyportne

Post by Qwertyportne »

Thanks for the reply. My Windows is version 11 Home, my Atlantis is version 4.1.4.4, and I save to C:\My Writing. Atlantis crashes whether I try to copy an illustration with or without its accompanying text, or whether I use the Windows COPY dialog or Ctrl-C. Restarting Windows doesn't help, and it doesn't matter which file I use, DOC or DOCX -- they all crash. This does not happen with other word processors. I created a test document for the support group. I'll send it as soon as I post this. Thanks again for the help.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Could you please update your version of Atlantis ("Help | Check for updates…")? There were bugs in version 4.1.4.4. They have been corrected in current version 4.1.4.6. it might solve your problem.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the INI file.

Atlantis does not crash when you copy document fragments containing pictures. Under your configuration file, Atlantis performs the copy operation very slowly because the "Save supercompact RTF documents" is unchecked on the "Load/Save" tab of the "Tools | Options…" dialog. When this option is off, all pictures are stored in Atlantis as metafiles. They are normally very large graphic files. There are very few scenarios when you might need to toggle this option off.