Find/replace dialog can get "stuck" and become unc

General comments and questions. Technical support.
graatch

Find/replace dialog can get "stuck" and become unc

Post by graatch »

Thus requiring application close in most cases. No rhyme or reason that I can tell.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Which “dialog” do you mean? The Find/Replace panel of the Control Board? Or the more traditional Find/Replace dialog?
In either case, which options are you using? Whole Words, Exact Match, Use Wildcards? Which Format options, if any?
Which Find What items? Replace With items?
Is this happening with all documents, or only with particular documents? Are the documents particularly long? Are they documents in English?
Finally, which version of Atlantis are you using?
It would help a lot if you could send a sample document, or part of it to support@atlantiswordprocessor.com, with exact steps to reproduce the problem.
TIA
graatch

Re: Find/replace dialog can get "stuck" and become unc

Post by graatch »

I could, but I could also be more clear than I was, sorry. I think this is pretty reproducible for me actually: if the computer sleeps or hibernates with a modal dialog open (symbols & characters for instance, or find/replace) then the dialog is unresponsive to its close button when resuming. Atlantis has to be closed, which is no problem if the documents are unchanged. If there are modifications, the dialog interferes with saving unsaved documents that it wants to do when you close, and I can't then access the normal manual save.

Anyway I'll try to avoid doing that, but is this unique to me or can others reproduce it with those steps?

I have Atlantis 4.1.3.2.