PDF/X-1a:2001 new feature request

Request new features or suggest modifications to existing features of Atlantis.
ralbeck

PDF/X-1a:2001 new feature request

Post by ralbeck »

I know this request is off-the-wall. It's so expensive to convert DOCX files to PDF/X-1a:2001 files it would be wonderful if that conversion could be done by Atlantis. Kindle requires "print-quality" PDF files. Adobe and Quark are the only providers I can find for the conversion. The Adobe Distiller is frequently used but considering the income from books it is not cost effective.
Axel

Re: PDF/X-1a:2001 new feature request

Post by Axel »

As you know, there is no direct PDF-Export from Atlantis.
The developers recommend to download and install a free PDF print driver such as PrimoPDF or CutePDF.
They both work fine. I am using CutePDF at present. But they do not support the PDF/X-1a; PDF/X-3 etc. standards, or the CMYK colour space, for that matter.

The only free PDF print driver that supports generating PDF/X-1a; PDF/X-3 etc files I am aware of is PDF24 Creator. (which is also full-fledged PDF-Editor). Don’t get turned off by the look of the program (UI and logo are a bit cartoonish ) –- but it does the job.

Just make sure that you have all your settings correct for PDF/X-1a or PDF/X-3 when you use the PDF24 Creator “Printer” to generate your PDF.
I hope you know your way around. (Would be too much to describe the details here.)