Background colours

Request new features or suggest modifications to existing features of Atlantis.
Eduardo

Background colours

Post by Eduardo »

Hi,

I can't find a way to change the background colours of Atlantis for the full screen mode (background and font colour. It would be very nice if you could implement that.

Thanks.
Eduardo

----

Time is the essence of emptiness.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, the background color of what?

There are no Full Screen colors. The colors under the Full Screen view and the standard view are the same.
Eduardo

Post by Eduardo »

Well, I thought I was being clear when referring to the full screen view (background colour and font colour).

I know the standard view and full screen view share the same colours. My request was to have the option to change the background colours, different from the standard view.
Eduardo

----

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Background of what? Text, paragraph, table cell, page, document window?

Also what is a point of referring to the Full Screen mode if this view mode is about the window size not the colors?

You can change the "colors" under the Full Screen view in the same way as you can change them under the standard view:

To change the text font color and text background color, use the "Font color" and "Highlight" boxes of the "Format | Font..." dialog (press Ctrl+D).

To change the background color of a paragraph, use the "Shading" box of the "Paragraph borders & shading" dialog (click the "Paragraph borders & shading" button of the "Paragraph" toolbar).

To change the cell background color, click the "Cell shading" button of the "Table" context toolbar.

To change the onscreen-only colors of the document page and document window, adjust colors of the "Page background" and "Interpage space" items on the "Colors" tab of the "Tools | Options..." dialog.
Eduardo

Post by Eduardo »

Sorry, I meant the following:

- page background
- page margin
- page margin border
- page border, etc.

I was hoping to be able to choose different colours from the standard view page while writing in full screen mode (darker colour, for example, with white text). You could argue as to why I don't just change the standard page background colour, etc. However, being just a personal preference, I thought I could have 2 different page background colours but I guess it's not possible.

Nevertheless, thanks for your time.
Eduardo

----

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can change all those colors through the "Colors" tab of the "Tools | Options..." dialog. But your customization would affect both the standard and Full Screen view modes. Sorry, but the Full Screen mode does not have its own set of colors.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Note that you can create your custom color scheme through the "Colors" tab of the "Tools | Options..." dialog - use the "Save As..." button. Then manually select that custom color scheme every time you activate the Full Screen mode.
Robert

Post by Robert »

I was hoping to be able to choose different colours from the standard view page while writing in full screen mode (darker colour, for example, with white text).
Eduardo, have you tried using the Windows 10 Color Filters? The filter can be toggled on or off with this hot key: “Ctrl+Windows Key+C”. The Windows 10 Color Filters are working in Atlantis.
For details, have a look at the following article:
Windows 10’s Ease of Access Part One: Color Filters
HTH
Robert
Eduardo

Post by Eduardo »

Hi Robert,

Thank you very much for the tip. I wasn't aware of that at all.It does work very well, as intended. Age is catching up with me and my eyes are not the same, to say the least.

I like Atlantis very much. Once revisions are implemented, with all honesty I can't see any other wordprocesser coming close. When I had a literary magazine online I even advertised Atlantis for free.I always tell me fellow writers to use it. Quite a few have adopted it.

Have a good day.
Eduardo

----