Return To Position been added yet?

General comments and questions. Technical support.
rag-2-riches

Return To Position been added yet?

Post by rag-2-riches »

Been asked for a couple of years now, and I still can't find if this has been implemented yet. When working in long documents, there should be a short-cut key to quickly insert a Save Cursor Position. Then you can safely move anywhere else in the document because when you are finished, you simply hit another shortcut key to return to the last place where you inserted the Save position. Then when you do it again to insert a new position, the old one is deleted.

No, inserting bookmark is not a work- around. No, this is not about saving a document and then re-opening it where the cursor last was.

What I am doing is Boldfacing a few words then when I am finished elsewhere in the document, I scroll back to look for the boldfaced words. I have to unboldface them after that. It's a terribly bothersome work-around.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Would Fast navigation suit you?
rag-2-riches

Post by rag-2-riches »

Robert wrote:Would Fast navigation suit you?
That's much quicker than boldfacing words, so yes I will use that now instead. Thank you for showing this to me. It's very useful. It's still too many clicks though. In MS Word it's pretty much just 2 key presses...one to remember the spot and one to get you back to it....no popup either.
Tester

Post by Tester »

Just a question in connection with this matter:

Does Atlantis, apart from fast navigation, have the feature to go back to the last edited location(s) in a document? In MS Word this is possible (by pressing Shift + F5) for the last 5 changes I think.

This is something very practical because it is not even necessary to mark a location (in case that you want go back only to one of your last changes).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can press F5 in the document window of Atlantis.
rag-2-riches

Post by rag-2-riches »

admin wrote:You can press F5 in the document window of Atlantis.
That's good. Thanks much.
rstroud

F5

Post by rstroud »

I have been using F5 a lot in the last few days for a book that I am writing. I did not know about F5 until I read about it here.

Fantastic feature! I am always having to look back at things that I have written (or look ahead in the document), but I just want to check something and then go back to my original place in the document.

I also use the split screen a lot for a similar purpose. Another great feature.