Wording all bunched up

General comments and questions. Technical support.
centurian

Wording all bunched up

Post by centurian »

As a YouTube Premium member, I can get the transcriptions from almost all the videos on the site. The only problem is that when I Copy text from YouTube and paste it into Atlantis the text is still in a narrow collum as if it was still on YouTube.

I can't figure out how to get the text to sit across the page as a normal paragraph does when you paste from an article in word or from the Internet.

Can someone tell me how this is done please as I have loads of editing to do?

Thanks a lot.
Attachments
Youtube Transcript.txt
(2.51 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
Michael
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If there are unwanted paragraph end marks in your document, you can select the desired text fragment in Atlantis, then use the "Edit | Join Paragraphs" menu command.

You can also paste as "plain text" from YouTube by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Ins.
rstroud

Paragraph endings

Post by rstroud »

I took a look at the file that centurian attached. It has hard returns (paragraph endings) at the end of every line.

I did not know about the EDIT > Join Paragraphs feature. I had to look at it and use it on centurian's file to see how it worked. That is a really neat editing feature.

The file in question does not have a break anywhere except that it has a paragraph ending at the end of each short line. So you can either select the whole file and use the Join Paragraphs feature (and then edit), or you can select lines that you want to consolidate into one paragraph.

Really nice.
centurian

All bunched up

Post by centurian »

Glad someone found it helpful. It works OK because now it stretches across the page and is in one lump though not down one side of the page.

Thanks for that.

One other thing, why is Grammarly working here but not where we need it on Atlantis. Is there a way to get it to work in the software?

Thanks a lot.
Michael
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

why is Grammarly working here
You probably have a Grammarly addon in your Web browser.
centurian

Post by centurian »

Yes, there is a Grammarly addon in Chrome. Does that mean you can't have it in Atlantis as well?

Thanks
Michael
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am sorry, but Grammarly does not have an add-on for Atlantis.
centurian

Bunched Up

Post by centurian »

Thats a shame.

Have to make do with the English Dictionary then.

Thanks a lot.
Michael