Enhanced document properties

Request new features or suggest modifications to existing features of Atlantis.
Achim

Enhanced document properties

Post by Achim »

Atlantis supports 5 document properties (Title, Subject, Author, Keywords, Comments). I'm a writer and use them to organize my writing and sources with Xplorer2, which allows to edit document properties inline.

Would it be possible to enhance the supported properties as they are supported by MS Word? I would especially appreciate "Word count" and "Version".

It's indeed possible to edit those properties with Xplorer2 or MS Word, but when I open the document with Atlantis and save it, then they're gone.
Nicest thing though would be, if I could edit them from Atlantis directly.

Best regards
Achim
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for your suggestion, we will look what can be done.
Achim

Post by Achim »

Thanks for your reply. I'm looking forward to.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In English version of MS Word, there is no "standard" document property named "Version". Possibly you mean the "Revision number" property.

Now about both the "Revision number" and "Word count" properties:

Although it is possible to modify any of the document's properties with other applications, these two particular properties are not meant to be edited by a user. You cannot modify them through the Word's GUI because they are updated by Word automatically. So I am not sure that your suggestion to be able to edit them in Atlantis can be implemented.

But you are right that the current version of Atlantis Word Processor does not preserve the properties it does not support.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The next release of Atlantis will support additional document properties, including the properties mentioned in your first post above.