I have no printer, how do I get a document printed w/ fonts?

General comments and questions. Technical support.
Rekrul

I have no printer, how do I get a document printed w/ fonts?

Post by Rekrul »

I don't have a printer. I used to have a printer until I realized that buying ink for it was a giant ripoff. Now when I absolutely need to print something, I go to Staples and print it there.

I have many non-standard freeware fonts on my system. Since Atlantis doesn't support embedding fonts, how do I take something I've created with those custom fonts and have it printed?

Is there some standard method of including fonts with a document so that the Staples copier/printers can find the required font and use it?

BTW, why doesn't Atlantis have this feature? Seems like it would be a really incredible useful feature to have.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What if you save your document as PDF, then send the PDF file to Staples?
rstroud

On printing

Post by rstroud »

You might want to get a cheap laser printer. The toner lasts a long time. I have used the same cartridge for two or three years.

As for PDF, I suggest the FREE version of the Bullzip PDF driver, available here:

http://cdn.bullzip.com/products/pdf/download.php

You install the driver (very easy). Then select that driver as your printer from the displayed list of printers. All that happens is that you create a PDF (you do not "print out" anything physical).

NOTE TO ATLANTIS STAFF:
I was previously unable to post into this thread, though I was able to post into another thread in this forum.

The problem factor seems to have been that I typed my post in a text editor and then pasted it here. Once I typed entirely in the Atlantis editing window, the post went through. (Previously I was getting ACCESS DENIED.)