Undesired page behaviour

General comments and questions. Technical support.
the-silverware

Undesired page behaviour

Post by the-silverware »

Hi, I need some help with an unwanted behaviour of Atlantis.

When in Print Layout View, I've noticed that sometimes the page moves when I don't want it to scroll. It's very irritating and disruptive of my work, and I'd like to disable it if possible.

I've noticed that this happens when you have a word selected and click into another point of the document. Then the page will suddenly scroll up or down, causing the cursor to accidentally select another chunck or text.

Why is this behaviour happening and how can I prevent it? Does it depend on any setting, can it be turned off? I just want the cursor to be placed whenever I click and the previous word to be unselected, without the page moving underneath.

I've attached a couple of pictures to let you better understand the problem. I start by selecting a word at the bottom of the page

Then I click on any word above. The page scrolls by itself at the moment of my click, as a consequence the mouse drags. Here's what I get:

Please make it stop, it's torture!
Thank you
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I cannot reproduce this in the latest version of Atlantis.

Do you have the latest version of Atlantis (please choose the "Help | Check for Updates..." menu command)?
the-silverware

Post by the-silverware »

I have 3.2.13.5 but it has been doing this for a while, I'm sure the problem started long before this version. Do you think updating will solve it?
Before I update, have the issues with epub conversion been resolved?
the-silverware

Post by the-silverware »

I have installed the latest update and apparently, the problem has been resolved! I'll get back to you should it present itself again. Thank you
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm sure the problem started long before this version.
The problem was linked to the Highlight instances of selected text feature.