Track Changes/Comments

Request new features or suggest modifications to existing features of Atlantis.
lynneconnolly

Track Changes/Comments

Post by lynneconnolly »

I would love to have this feature in Atlantis, but I have no idea what would be involved in doing it.
I have to use it, it's industry standard, but they don't show in Atlantis at all when my editor sends work to me. And when I edit my own work, prior to sending it in, I use Comments to note what needs doing.
I've got around it by downloading and installing Libre Office, which handles it nicely, but I wondered if it was on the list of features to add?
Lynne Connolly
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, it is on the "to do" list.
Reziac

Post by Reziac »

I see it's been to-do for about ten years now... any idea when it'll arrive?

I know for a fact track changes and comments work in RTF format documents, because that's the format I work in as an editor.
Reziac

Post by Reziac »

Reziac wrote:I see it's been to-do for about ten years now... any idea when it'll arrive?

I know for a fact track changes and comments work in RTF format documents, because that's the format I work in as an editor.
... and I am very tired of the formatting bugs that LibreOffice introduces into documents. Just had to redo 20 pages of editing because LO mangled a tag (probably because it insists on inserting piles of print layout tags, what a mess), consequently it applied strikeout to everything, and I couldn't find the error in the raw file. (Not for the first time, but usually I can hand-edit the unclosed tag and fix it.)

Yes, this makes me mutter to myself, why do you ask? :)
lynneconnolly

Any news about Track Changes and Comments?

Post by lynneconnolly »

I just want Track Changes, but there's been no sign of it yet. It must be very hard to implement. I still love AWP and tell people how great it is, but there's still no sign of Track Changes, which is essential for authors, so a lot of people are put off by this.
And yes, does Libre Office ever mangle things! And its capitalisation feature just doesn't work, because they use strict protocol.
Lynne Connolly
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Adding this feature is among our priorities.
kenfhill84083

Re:

Post by kenfhill84083 »

admin wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:01 pm Adding this feature is among our priorities.
+1