Word Count on bottom status bar

General comments and questions. Technical support.
RickH

Word Count on bottom status bar

Post by RickH »

I have customized the bottom status bar to show word count, but the word count shows as 'Words:0'.

If I use the Tools, Words command, I see the correct word count.

(BTW, excellent work on this...it's becoming my standard word processor, especially as I work on my fiction.)

Minor pick of nits, but it is helpful to easily keep track of the word count while writing fiction.

Using version 3.2.7.0.

Thanks...Rick..
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

When did you restart your computer?

If Windows is run continuously for 50+ days, some features of Atlantis might work incorrectly.
RickH

Post by RickH »

admin wrote:When did you restart your computer?

If Windows is run continuously for 50+ days, some features of Atlantis might work incorrectly.
Well, that is strange, but it worked. Rebooted, and now the word count is where (and what) it is supposed to be.

THanks...Rick...
franklekens

Post by franklekens »

Is it possible that a programme update might cause the same thing?

I've just updated from 3.2.9 to 3.2.10 today, and I'm suddenly noticing the exact same thing. And although I also have my computer running for quite a while, I don't think it's quite been 50 days as yet. In fact I'm pretty sure it could at most only be about 25 days since I rebooted -- and probably fewer.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Did you try restarting your Windows?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have an update on this. I said a wrong thing on Aug 22. It is not "50+ days". Actually a number of Atlantis features will stop working if Windows is run continuously for 24+ days.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Any next release of Atlantis will display a corresponding warning in such cases.