Insert a horizontal line

Request new features or suggest modifications to existing features of Atlantis.
Franklinr

Insert a horizontal line

Post by Franklinr »

The information here is all very old, 2014 is the latest. Is there a way with an icon or command on a menu to place a horizontal line across the page without holding down the dash key?

Not a work around but an actual command. ??
Books by Franklin Reid on Amazon
Robert

Post by Robert »

There is no direct command. You could use the following workaround:
1. Place Horizontal Line_1.rtf and Horizontal Line_2.rtf in one of your Clip Library folders. The first file draws a left-aligned horizontal line, the second file draws a centered-aligned horizontal line. Both use tab stops with leader characters.
2. When you want to draw such a line, simply type an asterisk character, followed by “hor”. If “Replace clip names As-You-Type” is activated in the Clip Library Options (rightmost button on the bottom toolbar of the Clip Library panel), Atlantis will pop up the following suggestions:

3. If you press the Enter key, you’ll get this:

Of course, you can adjust these Clip Library items as suitable. You can also use the horizontal ruler to move the tab stop where it is most convenient to shorten or lengthen the tab character.
Note that the Atlantis original Clip Library includes an “Images > Lines” subfolder. You could also insert these line pictures into your documents. You could even add your own line pictures.
HTH.
Attachments
Horizontal Line_2.rtf
(1.39 KiB) Downloaded 491 times
Horizontal Line_1.rtf
(1.44 KiB) Downloaded 460 times
gbskribla

Still no horizontal line?

Post by gbskribla »

I have downloaded, paid for and installed Atlantis. There are some interesting cross-document features (as yet untried by me).

One feature I need that's missing, and seems to have been missing from Altantis for many years, is a horizontal line. This seems a basic function of a modern GUI word processor. I use it a lot in my documents.

I'm not interested in messing about with .RTF files (as below) - I just want a click-button, as available in every WP I've ever used, right back to Lotus AmiPro in the late 1990s.

Why is this so difficult to implement in Atlantis? :cry: