Fuzzy unsharp fonts

General comments and questions. Technical support.
Franklinr

Fuzzy unsharp fonts

Post by Franklinr »

I am a writer of books and now have eleven on Amazon. Most of my books are written in AWP and I love it. I currently have version 2 and haven't upgraded to the later one. I like to work with many different apps open on my desktop including 8-10 tabs on the browser.

My computer is a desktop Windows 7 and the resolution is always set at the highest possible which is 1680 x 1050 on my HP L2208 22 inch monitor. I have the system text size set at Large, 150% in the system, because of my old eyes that need it larger.

I use all of the different screens with great visibility except for Atlantis. In this WP all the fonts appear a little fuzzy and unsharp. I notice it is also in the top ribbon toolbar, indeed all of the program. I have experimented with the resolution and system font sizes and also many fonts in Atlantis and it is only at these settings that the problem exists. All other programs and apps are sharp.

What can I do to adjust the program to be sharper?
Thanks for you help.
Franklin Reid
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I cannot reproduce any display problem in Atlantis under the Large (150%) text size on a Windows 7 system. But in any case, individual font glyphs are rendered by Windows, not by Atlantis. So Atlantis has nothing to do with font sharpness. There must be a different explanation for this situation.
Franklinr

Post by Franklinr »

admin wrote:I cannot reproduce any display problem in Atlantis under the Large (150%) text size on a Windows 7 system. But in any case, individual font glyphs are rendered by Windows, not by Atlantis. So Atlantis has nothing to do with font sharpness. There must be a different explanation for this situation.
Thanks for the quick reply. I would like to find out why my favorite word processor is so unsharp only at that resolution and text settings.

I realize it is a windows 7 specific problem but with all the other programs, browsers, Explorer, Notepad, and three word processors, etc. Atlantis its the only one like this. I will try to create a screenshot to show the difference.

Thanks for trying.:/
Franklin Reid
Books by Franklin Reid on Amazon
Franklinr

Fuzzy unsharp fonts - screenshot

Post by Franklinr »

Here is the screenshot I took showing several programs open and Atlantis in front. It shows what I was saying then, of all the programs Atlantis is more fuzzy and unsharp.

As I mentioned before, I am running Windows 7 with the resolution set at maximum for this HP 22" monitor which is 1680 x 1050 and the system text is set at Large=150%

I love Atlantis and don't want to give it up. I could set it at Medium=100% but then all the others are to tiny for me to read. It's a dilemma.

Any help with this is appreciated.
fr
Attachments
Multiple Atlantis Screenshot.jpg
Multiple Atlantis Screenshot.jpg (452.5 KiB) Viewed 5686 times
Multiple Atlantis Screenshot.jpg
Multiple Atlantis Screenshot.jpg (452.5 KiB) Viewed 5686 times
Books by Franklin Reid on Amazon
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

When I set the text size to 150% under Windows 7, the Atlantis window looks like this:

It looks like something on your system is applying extra magnification to the Atlantis window. Changing the text size should not affect the size of toolbar buttons. But this is not the case on your system.