Touch support?

Request new features or suggest modifications to existing features of Atlantis.
terence

Touch support?

Post by terence »

Hello! Just wondering whether Atlantis Word Processor will be updated in such a way that we can scroll up and down a document (and the Control Board) with the touch of fingers, without using the scroll bar.

Though there is already the "Easy Hand" feature, I would appreciate it very much if I could scroll up and down a document on my tablet the same way I do it with MS notepad or MS Word.

Thanks so much.
terence

Post by terence »

May I elaborate on my point here? Though it has only been days since I started using Atlantis Word Processor, I am deeply impressed by its brillance. It is the ONLY word processor that allows me to edit a 4000-page file without ANY typing lags on an Atom-tablet with only 2 Gbs of ram.

But the trend is towards touch screens. In my humble opinion, Atlantis could better meet user needs with enhanced touch support. Using the "Easy Hand" function is quite different from what people expect of a screen-friendly program. You need to press a button to switch between scrolling and typing, and the scrolling does not acclerate with a harder swipe. The addition of touch support for Control Board (which I think is way better than the MS Word Navigator for displaying headings in their entirety) will definitely enhance its useability.