Review/comments

Request new features or suggest modifications to existing features of Atlantis.
Richard Watts

Review/comments

Post by Richard Watts »

Many thanks for Atlantis 2, I work with numerous files at a time and with tables now a feature this is my preferred word processor (seriously, I've used just about everything available, including the latest rendition of Word in Office 365, and Atlantis is superb, so thank you very much).

I was wondering if there are any plans to include review notes/comments in Atlantis in the future? I've used these extensively and such an inclusion would be helpful, but is this feasible?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There are many things on the "to do" list. But the nearest minor releases of Atlantis 2.x will focus on new table-related features.
Eduardo

Post by Eduardo »

Hi there,

I hope you consider this request made by Richard. For writers, journalists and so on this feature helps a great deal in terms of revisions. You don't even have to go to the extent of Microsoft Word or other major office suits. If you could implement something like Scrivener uses (the Mac version), which is different colours for sequential revisions, it would be of tremendous help for the rest of us. Please think about it.

Thanks.

Eduardo
Eduardo

----

Time is the essence of emptiness.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Hi Eduardo,
A friend of mine is doing just that in Atlantis, but manually. He has created a number of formats in his Format Palette and he applies them to the revisions, each appropriately. The texts that are removed or changed are simply struck out.
Each format has a specific meaning which is described in an addendum.
Cheers,
Robert
Eduardo

Post by Eduardo »

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the tip. However, it would be a very nice feature to have in Atlantis in order to keep track of editing. Special novel writing, articles, essays, etc.

Please keep it in mind.

Thanks a lot.
Eduardo

----

ralbeck

A to-do list for fixing plot problems. A list of comments?

Post by ralbeck »

I finished the draft of a novel by writing it in Atlantis. I have done a lot of revising already. Now I need to read through the novel as a whole to look for plot errors. As I do this I don't want to be tempted to make minor revisions, but I do want to mark areas that need work and make a note to remind me what should be done.

I suppose I could do this on a piece of paper and just record the page number for later reference. I am worried that when I go back and start to fix the problems the page numbers will change.

In a way, this is like a to-do list with each to-do connected to a place in the text.

Is there a good way (or a better way) to do this inside Atlantis?
Robert

Post by Robert »

You could use a different highlight or font color for the areas that need work, and maybe add a footnote to each area, detailing what is to be done.
Note that all this can be removed when no longer needed.
HTH
Robert
atilak

Note, review/ comment

Post by atilak »

Hi, I hope you will introduce the review notes / comments in Atlantis. I find your software extraordinary and in my opinion at the moment it is the only thing missing to become the word processor standard.

thanks

AL
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This feature is at the top of our "to do" list.
lynneconnolly

Post by lynneconnolly »

I would love this feature (Track Changes and Comments) but I do appreciate that introducing it is a major consideration. It has made some word processors unstable, and turned others into huge megaliths, so it would be nice to have it as an optional feature that can be installed or uninstalled.
Anyway I really appreciate the work that you do, and that the program is so solid.
Lynne Connolly
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Software stability is of paramount importance. We will also try to keep Atlantis Word Processor fast and compact.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
the-silverware

Post by the-silverware »

Formatting text and then using the Format Inspector panel to navigate the revisions actually works quite well as a replacement, in my opinion. I've tried it and it's pretty neat. The lack of a proper Revisions toool is still an issue to address, though. Also, better implementation of pictures. :wink:
Eduardo

Post by Eduardo »

Hi,

I just upgraded to version 4. Thanks for the continuous improvement of Atlantis. After so many years of being a user, the more I use it the more I appreciate its features.

However, one feature that I am eagerly waiting for is revisions. Will it be possible to implement it in version 4?

Thanks.
Eduardo

----