Clipboard conflict?

General comments and questions. Technical support.
DMcL

Clipboard conflict?

Post by DMcL »

Hello all,<br><br>I've noticed the following issue: if I launch Visual Basic 6.0 when Atlantis is already running, many of VB addins (such as VBMagic, MZTools v.2, and VB native Package and Deployment Wizard) would not load or start behaving erratically depending of the combination of addins that are loaded at startup. The error messages at most cases are obscure such as "Automation error" but several times I got messages such as "Unable to access the clipboard". Since many addins manipulate clipboard when loaded (for example, save clipboard contents, store custom button images, use them and then restore the original clipboard content), I suppose Atlantis handles the clipboard in kind of exclusive way that restricts the access for other applications. It would be interesting to get a word from Atlantis developers. (PS. When I start VB first and then start Atlantis, I see no problems).<br><br>Regards,<br>DMcL
admin
Site Admin

Re: Clipboard conflict?

Post by admin »

As a person familiar with many aspects of the Atlantis development, I could make some comments regarding this. Atlantis is a so called "clipboard viewer" application. Atlantis receives notification messages from Windows each time the clipboard contents is modified. Atlantis neither locks clipboard or modifies the clipboard contents without explicit command from a user.<br>Also I cannot say something definite about these Visual basic addins.<br>Even if Atlantis locked the clipboard (this is not right but let's imagine), I do not understand why these addins do not work properly.<br>I do not except that they were poorly programmed regarding this aspect (I mean these addins do not work properly under some normal circumstances).<br>Another strange thing is that Atlantis itself worked properly.
BrozNetworks

Re: Clipboard conflict?

Post by BrozNetworks »

Drop a line to Microsoft. &nbsp;It is their problem, their bug.<br><br>By the way, I can run Atlantis and then run Visual Basic 6.0 no problems with addins. &nbsp;Maybe it is your registry configuration, VB configuration, your windows version, well who knows?