Legal Pleading Template For Atlantis v. 1.1

General comments and questions. Technical support.
rgus@nethere.com

Legal Pleading Template For Atlantis v. 1.1

Post by rgus@nethere.com »

Hi:

I'm a lawyer in California and have to prepare legal documents for use in California state courts. Court rules require that these be on "pleading paper." This is 8 1/2" x 11" and is double-space numbered in the left-hand column; from 1 to 28. Then, there is a solid black vertical line about a quarter-inch to the right of the vertical number column. A template should have the numbers and the division line already in place. Word processor typing then starts to the right of the vertical division line, about a quarter-inch in, and there's a right-hand margin of about a half-inch. The court rules are very precise in their specifications and if I try to file it in court with noncomplying pleading paper the document is rejected by the counter clerk of the court. I have a file which complies with these requirements (which I have prepared in Microsoft Word XP), but when I try to insert it into Atlantis 1.1 I just get a blank page. Maybe someone's already developed a template or--armed with enough know-how--could develop one and post it in the templates library.

Thanks!

ROBERT T. GUSTAFSON, Attorney at Law, 226 Church Avenue, Chula Vista, CA, United States of America, 91910-2703, Tel: (619)422-0651, Fax: (619)425-2410, e-mail: rgus@nethere.com