Display the character count for the selected text on the sta

Request new features or suggest modifications to existing features of Atlantis.
andygrunt

Display the character count for the selected text on the sta

Post by andygrunt »

I’d like a slight tweak to the display of ‘Chars’ on the status bar.

I have ‘Characters with spaces’ on display in my status bar as I often write chunks of text to a certain character count limitation. More often than not I do this using the clippy bank (shudder) page. Also often, I have various chunks of text on this page only a part of which I’m working on at a time.

The upshot is that I often need to know the character count of a particular chunk of text. This means I have to use the ‘Word count’ button on my toolbar which brings up the ‘Document Statistics’ window which shows a number of stats including the character count of the selected text (as opposed to the whole document).

This isn’t the end of the world but it is a pain that could be easily smoothed out if the Character count displayed in the status bar showed the count for the selected text (and when no text is selected, the count for the whole doc as it does now). It would also be useful if the other counts that can be shown on the status bar (characters without spaces and words) would work in the same way.