Startup not correct resolution

General comments and questions. Technical support.
Franklinr

Startup not correct resolution

Post by Franklinr »

When I start my Windows 7 64-bit computer each day it starts up Atlantis from the Startup folder in Windows. This works well for three programs and I can get right to work on my latest book in Atlantis.

But if I have to terminate the program for some reason then try to restart it from the Windows desktop icon, the taskbar, The Atlantis Folder, or the Start Menu then it comes up in a much lower resolution with large icons and everything is fuzzy; the toolbars, the side bar, and the working text all appear unsharp. If I close all my programs and log out then log back in, it comes in fine. But I can't restart it from anyplace and have it come up correctly. It acts like it is not reading the resolution settings.

Unfortunately, Atlantis is the only program that does it, all others remain set for my current resolution.

I need some help here.
Books by Franklin Reid on Amazon
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Atlantis does not have tools to zoom its GUI elements, and it does not "read the resolution settings".

Can you post a screen capture?

Do you use app magnifiers?
Franklinr

Post by Franklinr »

Thanks for a quick reply. I'm very experienced at creating screenshots and posting them online but I see no place here to post two shots for comparison. ??
Franklinr

Screenshot No. 1

Post by Franklinr »

Here is the first screenshot with Atlantis loaded properly.
Attachments
Atlantis on the Page.jpg
Atlantis on the Page.jpg (705.12 KiB) Viewed 8864 times
Franklinr

Screenshot No. 2

Post by Franklinr »

Here is the same or similar screenshot after closing the Atlantis program then restarting it from any of the sources; desktop icon, Atlantis folder, Menu Bar, taskbar.
Attachments
Atlantis on the Page2.jpg
Atlantis on the Page2.jpg (576.86 KiB) Viewed 8863 times
Franklinr

The comparison

Post by Franklinr »

As you see, both shots show the programs behind Atlantis are sharp and crisp. The first one shows Atlantis as it loads the first time when turning on the machine. The second shows the same programs behind, still very sharp but when I open Atlantis again it is in a low-resolution mode. Why is this??
Robert

Post by Robert »

Franklin,
Please right-click “awp.exe” in your file manager, and have a look at the Compatibility tab in Properties. Is Atlantis set up to run in any compatibility mode? What about the video settings (“Run in 256 colors”, “Run in 640x480 screen resolution”, “Disable display scaling”, etc.)?
You might want to take a look at Using Program Compatibility Mode in Windows 7
HTH.
Robert
Franklinr

Post by Franklinr »

Thanks, I can check that but how will it effect all the other programs which are running perfectly. And what about Atlantis that loads perfectly when started from the Startup folder?
Franklinr

Post by Franklinr »

And also, why does this website lack a word-wrap feature? I have to move the slider bar far to the right to see the end of the line of text. This is on all comments.

I often go to many websites and they all wrap the words to the edge of the browser. I am using Google Chrome and this is the only place it happens.
Robert

Post by Robert »

The Windows Compatibility Mode settings are set for each application individually. Changing these settings for one application won’t affect any other application. If you right-click “awp.exe” in your file manager, and Atlantis is set up to run in any compatibility mode, you should turn all of these options off. Atlantis does not need to run in Compatibility Mode at all. This would be counterproductive and might lead to the sort of trouble you’re having.

I have no explanation for the fact that Atlantis loads perfectly when started from the Startup folder. Maybe the Windows routine involved is different from that used by the desktop icons or taskbar? Windows works in mysterious ways…

Admin might weigh in later and explain why the Atlantis Forum does not word-wrap posts.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Franklinr wrote:And also, why does this website lack a word-wrap feature? I have to move the slider bar far to the right to see the end of the line of text. This is on all comments.
It is because of your attached screen captures. They are too wide.
Franklinr

Post by Franklinr »

Thanks, Admin. I'm not talking about the posted screenshots, they are never too wide to post on many other websites. I am talking about the text on this forum. Here are two screenshots from this forum page. First shows the normal screen with the text running off the screen to the right.
Attachments
Atlantis Forum 1.jpg
Atlantis Forum 1.jpg (434.21 KiB) Viewed 8837 times
Franklinr

Post by Franklinr »

The next one is the screen scrolled to the right to see the end.
Attachments
Atlantis Forum 2.jpg
Atlantis Forum 2.jpg (273.85 KiB) Viewed 8836 times
Franklinr

Post by Franklinr »

Again, this only happens in Atlantis related products. I deleted, removed, the program from the computer then downloaded the version 2.0.6 again and tried to install it. In this shot you can see all the other programs are sharp and crisp but Atlantis Setup is unsharp and fuzzy.

I hate to give up my Atlantis, it has been my mainstay word processor for several years. I used it to break away from MS Word in 2010 and have written five books with it which are now on Amazon. But if this can't be fixed for my work then I will be looking for another wp tool. Sad, because I bought this for my work.

Clearly I need some help here.
Attachments
Atlantis Setup page over other windows.jpg
Atlantis Setup page over other windows.jpg (444.68 KiB) Viewed 8835 times