Double column pages

General comments and questions. Technical support.
Shan

Double column pages

Post by Shan »

I know how to do standard columns, and column breaks.

I am making a translation of a long text. I want to place the (Welsh) text on the left, English translation on the right.

I want the Left Col to continue in the Left Col on the next page, while the Right Col continues into the Right Col on the next page.

At the moment I have to set every [age independently - a column break at the end of Left Col. and page break at the end of Right Co.
But breaks are easy to delete by mistake causing a mess and with so many this will happen.

Your sage advice always appreciated - and Atlantis is marvellous - I require all staff and students in my school to use it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can create a new document, then choose the "Table | Insert | Table..." menu command to insert a 2x1 table (2 columns, 1 row).

Right-click the new table, and choose the "Table Properties..." menu command.

Remove table borders:

Then paste the Welsh text to the left cell of the table. The translation will go to the right cell.
Shan

Post by Shan »

Thank you but I don't have the tables version of Atlantis yet. (I need to stay with options that transfer to MSWord so my supervisor sees the same things I do.)

I have found an alternate way for anyone else interested.

1. At the bottom of col 1.( left) I make a line of hyphens - then make col break - I now know ONLY to add stuff above the line.
Similarly col 2 (right) at the bottom, I make a line of hyphens - then make page break. As before I know ONLY to add stuff above the line.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Hi Shan,
Of course, you do as suits you best, but what do you mean by “I need to stay with options that transfer to MSWord”? As far as we know, there is nothing that you could create in either Atlantis 1.x or Atlantis 2.x that would not be supported in MS Word.
Cheers,
Robert