Start Atlantis Word Processor minimized

General comments and questions. Technical support.
Alan

Post by Alan »

I want to start Atlantis minimized from the Startup folder. I currently have the properties in the Startup folder set for run Minimized, but the program opens as a Normal sized window. Is there a command line option that I can set to open up Atlantis minimized to the Task Bar, not to the Start Tray (Notification Area)?
Atlantis 4.3
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, but there is no way to launch Atlantis "minimized".
Laren

Post by Laren »

I keep my Atlantis icon properties set to "maximized". Resetting it to "minimized" puts it in the task bar. Is this what you mean?
Alan

Post by Alan »

Hi Laren,
You are correct that putting it in the task bar is what I mean by minimized. I want Atlantis to always be the first program in my task bar. The only way I know to do this is to open Atlantis as my first program. I had the idea that if I put Atlantis in the Startup folder, then it would automatically be the first program on the task bar. This worked but left my desktop covered by Atlantis. I want to save clicking on the Minimize button in the Title Bar of Atlantis to remove the Atlantis window from the Desktop as I do not do word processing till later on in a computer session. I have been operating this way for over 5 years and the habit of clicking on the first program in the task bar to call up Atlantis is deeply ingrained. It is my lazy nature that wants this as I also always have the 2nd program as my webmail. Thus the question to have all this automatically happen with Atlantis when I log onto my computer.
Atlantis 4.3
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
andygrunt

Post by andygrunt »

This may be a better(?) alternative...

I'm the same way with Outlook Express - it has to be the first item on my task bar so I use 'Taskbar Shuffle'. It's a free utility that allows you to reorder apps on the task bar by click and dragging them around.
Alan

Post by Alan »

Thanks Andy,
The program works nicely.
Atlantis 4.3
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
andygrunt

Post by andygrunt »

Happy to hear it was of use to you. 8)
Laren

Post by Laren »

Alan, I gave you bad info. I don't know if the following works for you, but I just checked it using WinXP Home sp3 set to Classic.

From the Quick Launch taskbar, Atlantis opens maximized with a single click. You can drag QL icons to put them in the order you want them. Minimizing with the normal "-" will mimize it to the regular taskbar, which just takes up space.

Minimizing with the "- ." (upper right) puts an Atlantis icon at the left end of the system tray. A double-click brings Atlantis up right away, just as fast as it would from the taskbar. Any other program you open which minimizes to the system tray will bump the Atlantis icon to second place. If this happens, open Atlantis last or drag it back with Taskbar Shuffle. Personally, I would rather click twice to keep it out of the taskbar.

Andy, many thanks for the Taskbar Shuttle link! I've been wanting something like that for a long time.

Laren