Suggestions inc control board + search/replace

Request new features or suggest modifications to existing features of Atlantis.
Glen

Post by Glen »

Hello Atlantis forum members,

I’ve just become a Atlantis convert and registered user after evaluating several alternatives and wish to commend everyone on creating a good, useful and user friendly program. I have a few suggestions that you may wish to consider, perhaps I’ve missed one or two though its not for the lack of searching.
The most important suggestion concerns the Clip Library window options/view within the Control Board. The lower view window needs to have a word wrap function – the preview function although functional is both distracting and inferior to a small preview box with word wrap that contains all of the information without having to resort to a scrollbar. Most widgets tend to be small snippets of text and a full size non-adjustable preview screen or a horizontal scrollbar on a preview window could be improved upon.
Sparton (clip program) is an excellent example of a user friendly and well though out clipper with a v/good preview window/option.
Both window borders (the Atlantis horizontal dividing borders “Clips” and “Preview” windows ) would benefit from being independently and vertically adjustable, this would enable us to see more of our regularly used clips. For instance, I regularly use clips in one or two folders only, yet because of the Clip Folder window setup we view a pre-determined group of folders and clips depending on the overall program window size. When running a few programs concurrently, viewing space can be at a premium. If the clip windows were adjustable vertically we could adjust them to suit our own personal requirements.

Other suggestions. Have I overlooked ?
1/ Function for compressed lines. Removing blank lines.
2/ Simple compressed-remove space button. I have achieved the same result with search and replace though a button would be quicker. (This would be great for converting regular titles/sentences to file names/links)
3/ Search and replace by regular expressions.

One problem encountered.
The Wordweb thesaurus constantly flickers when activated within Atlantis. Wordweb is fine if activated independently.

Thanking you for your consideration and thoughts, all the best, Glen