Line Drawing

General comments and questions. Technical support.
brads13

Line Drawing

Post by brads13 »

Hi All: Very new to Atlantis with numerous questions. It must be possible to draw lines in Atlantis but darned if I can find the way. Can some-one advise? Probably staring me in the face!
Cheers: Brads
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you mean MS Word's "floating" graphic shapes (lines, curves, circles, polygons, etc), Atlantis does not support them.
If you mean paragraph borders, they are planned for future releases.
You could use "tabs with leader characters" to display horizontal lines in your document (please see "Memo ?.rtf" templates of Atlantis).
brads13

Line Drawing

Post by brads13 »

Thanks for the reply. I was meaning the line drawing in MS Word as via the drawing toolbar. Would like the different line sizes/formats but have gotten around it to a certain extent using the underline feature and (none) as opposed to `words only`. Any chance of some new (thicker?) lines in the underline choice at some stage? Like the program so far.
Cheers:Brads
Max_Quordlepleen

Line Drawing

Post by Max_Quordlepleen »

brads13 wrote: Hi All: Very new to Atlantis with numerous questions. It must be possible to draw lines in Atlantis but darned if I can find the way. Can some-one advise? Probably staring me in the face!
Welcome aboard, brads - great to finally have another K1W1 here. Did you download the Maaori add-in for the spellchecker in Atlantis? It saves a lot of time if you have to use common Maaori words in your writing.
Salaam alaikum, noho ora mai
http://maxqnz.com/References.html
admin
Site Admin

Line Drawing

Post by admin »

brads13 wrote: Any chance of some new (thicker?) lines in the underline choice at some stage?
Atlantis supports many underline types (including thicker underlines). The "Format | Font" dialog allows to choose the desired underline type.
BuffyBot

Line Drawing

Post by BuffyBot »

brads13 wrote: Would like the different line sizes/formats but have gotten around it to a certain extent using the underline feature and (none) as opposed to `words only`. Any chance of some new (thicker?) lines in the underline choice at some stage? Like the program so far.
Cheers:Brads
I use the Highlighter (with a tab) to highlight an entire line. It creates a mock border effect for a heading. This allows for some thicker lines than using underline alone. Just change the font size of the line.

Here is an example... all three lines were created using highlight and tabs:

brads13

Line Drawing

Post by brads13 »

Admin @ Buffybot.
Thanks for the suggestions. I`ll give them a go.

Max.
Haven`t installed the Maori dict. Trying Atlantis on it`s own at the moment. Bells and whistles can come later.

Robert

Line and Banner Drawing in Atlantis

Post by Robert »

>Hi, everybody!

You will find a tip on how to draw lines and banners in Atlantis by following this link:

http://www.rssol.com/en/html/tips/atlan ... eation.htm

Cheers,
Robert
BuffyBot

Post by BuffyBot »

I've made a rtf that gives some further examples of this sort of thing.

Hope this helps until Atlantis gets boxed elements, borders and such...

Download banner2.rtf
Prince

Post by Prince »

Sounds interesting. I will give it a try.
Just call me the Prince
Robert

Line and Banner Drawing in Atlantis

Post by Robert »

Hi everybody!

The Banner Creation tip page has been updated according to the very helpful recommendations of BuffyBot.

You might want to go and visit this completely reworked banner creation page at http://www.rssol.com/en/html/tips/atlan ... eation.htm

Alternatively, you could download the RTF version of that page by following this link:

http://www.rssol.com/en/html/tips/atlan ... eation.zip

Cheers,
Robert
DerekABenner

But can Atlantis DISPLAY vertical/horizontal rtf lines?

Post by DerekABenner »

It is clear that Atlantis *NEEDS* to have the ability to do basic line drawing. After all, it *IS* part of the RTF standard as well as the MS Word standard. But I'd settle for being able to simply *DISPLAY* vertical and horizontal lines that I've already created in other RTF editors. Can Atlantis already do this?
Derek

Space is for private citizens. *Spacing* should be reserved for those most truly deserving it, such as government bureaucrats.
Robert

Line Drawing

Post by Robert »

Hi, Derek!

Currently there is no support for graphic "line drawing" in Atlantis.

This feature is planned for future versions.

Expanded and compressed font "spacing" are "standard" terms used
in MS Word and in the RTF official specifications.

Cheers,
Robert
admin
Site Admin

But can Atlantis DISPLAY vertical/horizontal rtf lines?

Post by admin »

DerekABenner wrote: After all, it *IS* part of the RTF standard as well as the MS Word standard. But I'd settle for being able to simply *DISPLAY* vertical and horizontal lines that I've already created in other RTF editors.
The RTF Specification includes tons and tons of different formatting options and features. Some of them are not even supported by MS Word.

Every new release of Atlantis introduces new features. But it will never be possible to support ALL features and options mentioned in the RTF specification. Every new version of MS Word introduces new features. In order to reflect these changes, the corresponding changes are made to the DOC and RTF specifications.

Again, every new release of Atlantis will introduce new features.

Post by Guest »

any news on line drawing?