Atlantis adding a dash after every word?

General comments and questions. Technical support.
stuartnz

Atlantis adding a dash after every word?

Post by stuartnz »

The images below show what happens when I type (or even paste) text into Atlantis. They're not non-printing symbols since if I type in Atlantis, copy what I've typed and paste it into LibreOffice, the dashes are still present. How do I turn this off?
Windows 10 Pro 22H2 (19045.3693)

noho ora mai
admin
Site Admin

Re: Atlantis adding a dash after every word?

Post by admin »

When did this behavior begin? Have you changed anything within the Atlantis settings? Maybe the AutoCorrect?

Please launch a test copy of Atlantis with factory settings (the “Tools | Factory Settings...” menu command).
stuartnz

Post by stuartnz »

I did that, and this was what I got: (copied and pasted from the test copy of Atlantis running under factory settings

Testing– the– factory– setting– in– Atlantis
noho ora mai
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

When did this behavior begin?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The dashes in your above post are En dashes (Unicode hexadecimal code: 2013). They are also followed by regular space characters. If any typed space character gets replaced with an “En dash + space” combination in Atlantis, possibly you have a faulty entry in your AutoCorrect settings (Tools | AutoCorrect Options... > Replace _ With). But you would not have it under the factory settings.
stuartnz

Post by stuartnz »

I only notied it a few days ago, but I've been away and havn't been using Atlantis for a while. I have reset to Factory settings permanently and then gone into Autocorrect options and selected restore defailt, and the behaviour persists.

I have found the problem! Atlantis does not like the Māori keyboard I use as my default setting. The dashes are only added when that keyboard is selected. If I switch back to "English (New Zealand) US keyboard", the dashes are no longer added.

Unfortunately, this means I can't use Atlantis until tyhe issue is fixed, as I use the Māori keyboard all the time in order to type Māori words (including the word Māori itself) correctly, with the macron as shown. Because Māori words are such an important part of NZ English today, not being able to type them correctly is not something I can accommodate.
noho ora mai
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Version 4.3.5.1 will not have this issue. Should be available in the next few days. Thanks.
stuartnz

Post by stuartnz »

admin wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:54 am Version 4.3.5.1 will not have this issue. Should be available in the next few days. Thanks.
Great, thank you
noho ora mai