Is there a way to turn off the automatic whole-word reformat with text styles (italics, etc.)?

General comments and questions. Technical support.
graatch

Is there a way to turn off the automatic whole-word reformat with text styles (italics, etc.)?

Post by graatch »

Sorry I mean font format changes not style (per se). Like if I place the cursor in the middle of a word and hit CTRL+I, it italicizes the whole word. -- that's what I'm referring to.

Obviously this is convenient in most cases but it tends to interfere with how I like to insert edits when I'm in the zone. I seem to remember there was a toggle to turn this off, but maybe I'm thinking of another program?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Is there a way to turn off the automatic whole-word reformat with text styles (italics, etc.)?

Post by admin »

You can uncheck the "Format without selection" option on the "Edit" tab of the "Tools | Options..." dialog.
rstroud

Re: Is there a way to turn off the automatic whole-word reformat with text styles (italics, etc.)?

Post by rstroud »

Gee, I did not even know that it was possible to format a word without selecting the whole word.

Thanks for the tip! :D
graatch

Post by graatch »

You can uncheck the "Format without selection" option on the "Edit" tab of the "Tools | Options..." dialog.
Thanks so much!
Thanks for the tip! :D
If you turn the option on and I turn it off, it thus proves Newton's law of conservation of Atlantis Word Processor settings.