Text at the side of picture.

General comments and questions. Technical support.
centurian

Text at the side of picture.

Post by centurian »

Hi
I had a good idea for a book and started writing it in Notepad and then remembered I had this software So I added my book to Atlantis. Now the problem I have is that I inserted a picture but its small and only takes up half a page and about 2 1/2 ins tall and I wanted the text at the top to carry on down the page next to the picture but I can't do that as I don't know how.

Is thyis possible or will I have to settle with the text above and below instead.

Thanks a lot.

Michael.
(centurian)
rstroud

Re: Text at the side of picture.

Post by rstroud »

Yes, you can easily do what you want to do.

But two things here:

1. I am wondering whether you have a recent version of Atlantis. You said that you remembered that you had Atlantis. That makes me think that you may not have a recent version. I have used Atlantis for many years, but I do not remember whether earlier versions allowed you to control the flow of text around a graphic. The current version is 4.2.2.3.

2. It is easy to do what you want to do. But it is sort of like driving a car. Easy to do if you know how, but difficult to tell someone how to do. In any case, what you do is this:

— Right-click your graphic to open a menu.
— Select Wrap Text.
— Select Square.

You can then use the mouse to move the picture around.

That is, in short, how you do it. You can also do much more to graphics. Give it a try.

And upgrade to the current version of Atlantis if you need to. :)