Question about justified vs left-aligned for blank lines

General comments and questions. Technical support.
patr

Question about justified vs left-aligned for blank lines

Post by patr »

Hi All,

I'm working on a huge documents that has many, many paragraphs and has blank lines (or technically "paragraphs" without text, I suppose) between many of these. There are (a) paragraphs with special font formatting (smaller font size, bold), (b) paragraphs with large portions of text (commentary) for which I use paragraph formatting, and (c) "footnote paragraphs" below each pertinent main body paragraph that requires a footnote. This goes on and on like this.

The situation is that I would like to keep the blank lines between the paragraphs of different font formatting. Only for the (b) paragraphs (when these require it) I want to keep the paragraph spacing. Okay, so that's what I have.

The entire document is justified text. However, and this is my question(s): is there any purpose to having the blank lines justified or left-aligned? Or does it hurt to literally have the entire document set to justified? I've never been entirely clear on this. All paragraph types in this document (a, b, c) are justified. I was just wondering if the blank lines between the various paragraphs should not be justified or if there is even any purpose or advantage (or disadvantage) to this. (Or even with regard to possible conversion to pdf, ebook formats, etc.)

Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Question about justified vs left-aligned for blank lines

Post by admin »

does it hurt to literally have the entire document set to justified?
No, it does not hurt. I do not think this could create any problem.
patr

Re: Question about justified vs left-aligned for blank lines

Post by patr »

Thank you :!: