ePub file generation, forcing new html file

General comments and questions. Technical support.
Alan

ePub file generation, forcing new html file

Post by Alan »

Is there a way other than putting a Page break before in Heading 2 paragraph style etc. to cause Atlantis to start a new html file at chapter starts for an ePub? I am looking for a way to keep the story text file less than 200K as my Kobo eReader will insert a page break at the beginning of any paragraph when the size limit is reached. I find the large gap disconcerting when this happens and start thinking what I did wrong when preparing a physical book to be read in the eReader. I know that I can manually add a page break by doing Format > Paragraph > Line & Page Breaks > check Page break before. The problem with this is that I have to remember to add this before generating the ePub and then remove before closing the Rich Text file. I would prefer a way to do this in a paragraph style that is not a chapter heading as my chapter headings are all inline (no page break).

Alan
Atlantis 4.3
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
admin
Site Admin

Re: ePub file generation, forcing new html file

Post by admin »

You can include the "page break before" option in a custom non-Heading style (you can name it, for example, "Page Break Before"), and apply that style to the paragraph that should be put in a new HTML file. Make sure that the style includes "page break before" before saving as eBook. Remove "page break before" from the style after saving as eBook.