4.2 - Control Board

General comments and questions. Technical support.
Rui

4.2 - Control Board

Post by Rui »

The last Atlantis update removed the option to change the font size on the control board. It was a very important option that. In my opinion, is sorely lacking, especially for those who, like me, make intensive use of the control board.
Thanks for Atlantis.
admin
Site Admin

Re: 4.2 - Control Board

Post by admin »

Atlantis has never had options to change the font size of the Control Board. Only the Headings panel of the Control Board had this option. In version 4.2, all the panels of the Control Board use identical font settings.
Rog

Post by Rog »

I have the same issue and the control board font for the headings section is way too small. Looks about font size 6. I am trying to revert to pre 4.2 but cant seem to find the install file for this :cry:
Rog

Post by Rog »

Actually I have found a version of 4.1.6.5 on https://atlantis-word-processor.sooftwa ... oad/351386 and have switched back to this.
Being able to have a larger font for the Headings Control Board is really important, especially as my old eyes do not see too well at the font size that 4.2 was trying to foist upon me. Could we please have the font resize feature back in a future version of Atlantis, else I will have to stick with a 4.1 version. Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Version 4.2 uses the same font size throughout the entire GUI. This font size is controlled through the corresponding "text size" settings of Windows. The font used in the Headings panel of the Control Board is identical to the font used in various dialogs of Atlantis, menus, status bar, and other panels of the Control Board. If you cannot see well the text displayed by the Headings panel, how can you see text in other parts of the Atlantis GUI?
Rog

Post by Rog »

I hope the two attached images show why visibility is poorer for the headings panel with a small font. Also I do not understand why the Atlantis team would delete the option of being able to change font size in the Control Board. One of the great things about this program is the customisation that can be carried out to make Atlantis work for you and how you work.
Small font
Small font
Small Font.png (104.78 KiB) Viewed 3257 times
Medium font
Medium font
Medium Font.png (121.17 KiB) Viewed 3257 times
Rui

Post by Rui »

Sorry dear Admin, but your response to Rog is absurd. Of course you can read the headings, just like you can read in other parts of the Atlantis GUI.
Simply the use of headings is intensive while working on a text, while the use of other elements is circumstantial.
I think this change represents a loss of functionality from Atlantis. I'm already using the previous version and it's unlikely that when that's the case, I'll get the new major program update as I've always done.
Atlantis is a great piece of software that has been with me for many years in everyday use. I'm sorry this is happening.
Rui
patr

Post by patr »

Rog and Rui are different persons? :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The intensity of use of a feature is subjective.

There is no correlation between how intensely a feature is used and the font size of the corresponding GUI element.

The Control Board consists of 10+ separate panels. The Control Board itself is just one of many items of the Atlantis GUI. Offering font customization for this particular GUI element is illogical.
Rog

Post by Rog »

Well I am from New Zealand, I do not know where Rui is from and yes we are different persons. And with regards what Admin has said, I am disappointed. Admin says that offering font customisation for one GUI element is illogical yet the Atlantis team put this in, in the first place and must have thought it was a good feature at the time. And I agree with them!

Admin, can I ask you a question? Are you part of the Atlantis team or bought in support? It is just that I would have expected a more positive approach from the Atlantis software developers then what you are providing. There is no apology for removing the font customisation, and no indication that this feature, that at least two of us Atlantis users really value, will even be considered to be bought back in future versions.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Atlantis will not offer font size customization for individual GUI elements. But probably it will soon offer font size customization for its entire GUI.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Version 4.2.1.1 with the new GUI font has been released.