quote box and indenting

General comments and questions. Technical support.
stevenavery

quote box and indenting

Post by stevenavery »

Greetings, light long=term user of Atlantis here, on 3.3.2.0 on Windows 10.

Now planning to put up some short Bible-papers, about 5 pages, on Academia.edu and I think Atlantis is my best tool. An alternative is a PDF tool. Most of my work is done on a forum www.purebibleforum.com but that is not going to cut it for these short papers.

Generally I do not write by indenting the first line of paragraphs. That could change, if needed.

And I would like to make quote boxes. I don't see that anywhere. Am I missing something?
Maybe I create that by changing the background color of a paragraph?

Similarly, I might like to indent quotes. Yet when I highlight a few lines and try Paragraph Formatting and try Left Indent, it pulls some lines from above what I am highlighting. Is that a glitch? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Steven Avery
Dutchess County, NY USA
admin
Site Admin

Re: quote box and indenting

Post by admin »

Paragraph formatting is applied to entire paragraphs, not individual paragraph lines. Each paragraph is terminated by a "paragraph end mark" (a pilcrow symbol). You can enable the "View | Special Symbols" menu command to view the paragraph end marks in your document. You can also triple-click any word in a paragraph to select all its lines. This would give you idea which lines would be affected by the paragraph formatting commands.

To add borders around a paragraph, or change its background color, use the "Paragraph borders & shading" command of the "Paragraph" toolbar. You can also select the paragraph, and use the "Insert | Table..." menu command to convert the paragraph into a table cell.