Latest update

General comments and questions. Technical support.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Latest update

Post by admin »

Alternatively, you can launch a copy of Atlantis through your custom command-line first, and leave it running. Every time you double-click an Atlantis document in file explorer, a newly launched instance of Atlantis would try to pass the requested document filename to another running instance of Atlantis.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Possibly in the future Atlantis will use INI files exclusively.
patr

Post by patr »

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly. I will try the registry tweaks for my main system for now.

I think it would be great if loading the .ini only would be an option in future releases (my 2 cents).

Just a quick theoretical point (I will test this locally). If I use the Atlantis.ini file to import settings, these would be converted to registry settings automatically (when the command-line switches aren't used on the awp.exe). Meaning, my Atlantis configs would then also exist in registry. However, I can then continue to have Atlantis load settings from the .ini via the command-line value for shortcuts, and then also feed the associated files in registry these switches as you mentioned. So whenever I start Atlantis, it would use the .ini file, but would always have the registry settings to fall back on. That wouldn't be necessary, but it wouldn't hurt anything either. Because without the switches applied to the associated files (in registry), it loads Atlantis with default settings. So as an additional fail-safe, having my configs in registry as well as in the .ini, would at least prevent Atlantis defaults from loading.
patr

Post by patr »

The registry entries work :) What worked for me was merely adding the ones in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT area of the registry for the various document formats. Example below, if you have Atlantis installed in the default location (and OS is 64-bit) and want Atlantis to load settings from your personalized 'Atlanis.ini" file (not from registry) :

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;ADPR
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AtlantisWord.adpr\defaulticon]
@="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Atlantis\\awp.exe,0"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AtlantisWord.adpr\Shell\Open\Command]
@="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Atlantis\\awp.exe \"%1\" -lsi -ssi"
;COD
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AtlantisWord.cod\defaulticon]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AtlantisWord.cod\Shell\Open\Command]
;DOC
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AtlantisWord.doc\defaulticon]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AtlantisWord.doc\Shell\Open\Command]
;DOCX
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AtlantisWord.docx\defaulticon]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AtlantisWord.docx\Shell\Open\Command]
;RTF
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AtlantisWord.rtf\defaulticon]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AtlantisWord.rtf\Shell\Open\Command]
Thanks so much, Admin!

EDIT: This info is no longer relevant since Atlantis uses the .ini file exclusively since v4.2.1.0.
patr

Post by patr »

Just to show appreciation for / give feedback on the latest Atlantis update, v4.2.1.0:

I've tested it and can confirm everything works beautifully. Settings are exclusively loaded from the Atlantis.ini file, no registry entries are being created (or used). I no longer have to load Atlantis with the command switches (-lsi -ssi) nor need the reg entries I gave above for the file associations. It all works. Thank you!

(I'd suggest to all users who use personalized settings to save a copy of the Atlantis.ini file somewhere, just in case you need to reinstall your PC or something fails. That way you always have your personalized Atlantis settings backed up somewhere and can restore Atlantis easily without having to go through the customization process again.)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The "lsi" and "ssi" command-line switches are now obsolete. But you can use the "sfn" switch to load/save settings from/to a custom INI file.
patr

Post by patr »

Great, thanks for the info :idea: