Error Creating File

General comments and questions. Technical support.
lynneconnolly

Error Creating File

Post by lynneconnolly »

Since the new update, I'm constantly getting the message "Error Creating File" for the backup. There's no error message, and the file is actually being created, but the message keeps appearing.
Any idea what I can do to stop it?
Lynne Connolly
lynneconnolly

Re: Error Creating File

Post by lynneconnolly »

Just checked again, and the message isn't being created now. I've restarted, renamed the old backup folder so that a new one is created, but so far nothing is working.
Lynne Connolly
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Do you use a custom location for the backup files? Have you ever changed it? Please click the "Tools | Options..." menu command, then the "Backup Files..." button on the "Load/Save" tab. What path is reported through the "Backup Folder" box? Are your "Backup Folder" and the Windows folder located on the same drive?
lynneconnolly

Post by lynneconnolly »

Yes, I use a custom location, the one I've used every since version 3 with no problems. My backup folder is in a different place to my Windows folder, but it always has been. I don't keep personal folders on the same drive because it doesn't make sense.
I did try creating a new folder, or rather, let Atlantis do so and the same error happened again. I tried doing it on the default drive, but it made no difference. The error was still there.
However, I tried reverting to an older version of Atlantis 4, and the problem disappeared. I suspect it's a bug in the program. I've been working solidly for a couple of hours now, and everything is working as it should.
Lynne Connolly
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Version 4.1.6.4 cannot create backup files in cases when the Windows "Temp" folder and the "Backup Files" folder are located on different logical drives. Any next release of Atlantis will have this fixed. We apologize for the inconvenience.
lynneconnolly

Post by lynneconnolly »

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for looking into this for me! I really appreciate your response.
Lynne Connolly