Mouse wheel too slow or too fast

General comments and questions. Technical support.
wood.22mark

Mouse wheel too slow or too fast

Post by wood.22mark »

I have Windows 10 and a Logitech trackball with wheel. It works fine with my other laptop on AWP -- that laptop is also Windows 10. However, in Atlantis on my new computer, the trackball wheel scrolls down or up at a glacial pace. I adjusted the line per click in Windows Settings. This doesn't change the speed; it causes the scrolling to continue to drift after I stop wheeling. I checked the page up/page down box on the trackball wheel (in Settings) and now (in AWP), each click of the wheel shifts my screen by a page or more.

This is only a problem in AWP. My trackball wheel works as before on this forum, with other programs, and also when scrolling through files when opening a document in AWP (for example). It's only painful when scrolling through text.

Please advise.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Mouse wheel too slow or too fast

Post by admin »

If you like the idea, we could send you the debug build of Atlantis. It would create a log file with the wheel-related messages sent by Windows to the document window of Atlantis.
wood.22mark

Re: Mouse wheel too slow or too fast

Post by wood.22mark »

I no longer have this problem. I did as advised and it fixed the troubles. However I probably could use the debug version because now I get softlock with an error message “Out of Memory,” and the steps advised have not fixed the problem.