Atlantis Used By Another Program

General comments and questions. Technical support.
fulcanelli

Atlantis Used By Another Program

Post by fulcanelli »

This morning I went to open a document I created yesterday and a msg popped up that stated the document was being used by another program? I was able to retrieve a copy and 'save as' but I have never run into this in all the years I have used Atlantis. I purposely never linked Atlantis to another program. I often write text in Atlantis and paste it into CorelDraw graphics program - and I write email and copy/paste it into my email program. Other than that I use Atlantis for text documents.

How can I discover the source and correct it? I only want to user Atlantis as a stand-alone program.
Robert

Re: Atlantis Used By Another Program

Post by Robert »

You could try using "LockHunter". It is a free third-party utility available from https://lockhunter.com/index.htm.
HTH
Robert
SilverCookieDust

Re: Atlantis Used By Another Program

Post by SilverCookieDust »

It's not Atlantis that's used by another program, but the specific document you tried to open. If you have any other text-editing program on your system (MS Word, Notepad, Libre Office, etc) and you opened the document with one of those programs then also opened it with Atlantis, that is when you would get this error. It can also happen if you try to open a second instance of Atlantis and the document you're opening is one of the files it's reloading from previous usage.