Easier Image Captions

Request new features or suggest modifications to existing features of Atlantis.
thepipe

Easier Image Captions

Post by thepipe »

I just downloaded the trial version of Atlantis and for the most part, I like what I see and am seriously considering buying the paid version.

One thing I wish were different is how image captions work. In my mind, it would be ideal if users could right click on an image and see options like those shown in the attached mock up. Users would right click on an image and selecting the "Add Caption" item from the Caption submenu. This would add a text field below the image. This field would be "attached" to the image in some way, so that if/when the image is moved, the caption follows along with it. The "Remove Caption" item is self-explanatory. Selecting the "Caption Style" option would open a dialog box that would allow users to specify the font, size, style, alignment, distance between the image and caption, etc. for all captions. Making a change to the Caption Style would change all captions in the document. If there were a way users could also individually style each caption, that would be great. Thanks for your consideration.

EDIT

It would be great if there were buttons in the Picture toolbar that would allow users to access the Add/Remove/Style Captions options as well.
Attachments
Atlantis Caption Menu Mockup.jpg
Atlantis Caption Menu Mockup.jpg (973.89 KiB) Viewed 2697 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The captions of floating images in MS Word documents are actually text boxes. The present version of Atlantis Word Processor does not support text boxes. The feature is on our "to do" list.
thepipe

Post by thepipe »

Thanks for the reply. Just curious ... should I hold my breath until this feature is implemented?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, but I cannot say when Atlantis Word Processor will have this feature.