Track Changes

Request new features or suggest modifications to existing features of Atlantis.
harolnick

Track Changes

Post by harolnick »

Every few years I ask about a "track changes" application in (other aspects) excellent Atlantis. Any possibility? Otherwise, for editing I have to use another word processor. Many thanks.
rstroud

Track changes

Post by rstroud »

Several years ago I had three big "wishes" for Atlantis (not counting a few minor things that I will not even mention now).

1. Tables. This feature was finally implemented.

2. Drop caps. This feature has now been implemented.

3. Track changes. Like you, I have to use a different application (LibreOffice) if I am writing something that I need to tinker with a lot as I am working. A good example is poetry. I am using blank verse in a play that I have been working on (forever, it seems :sad: ). I keep the formatting very simple, and then I export to .docx and import the .docx into Atlantis for final polishing and formatting of the project.

I have used Track Changes for over twenty years in Microsoft Word and in OpenOffice/LibreOffice. I can appreciate how challenging it probably would be to implement such a feature. But, yeah, it would be nice to have it.
harolnick

Post by harolnick »

It sure would. I edit countless stories, plus my own music reviews. A shame to switch to WPS, but no other alternatives, it seems. Let us hope.
Eduardo

Post by Eduardo »

Same here. It's probably a great deal of work in terms of programming. However, with this implementation, creative work would be so much easier. Like you folks, I also use other WP for editing.
Eduardo

----

Time is the essence of emptiness.
rstroud

More on Atlantis

Post by rstroud »

I want to emphasize that I have the highest regard for Atlantis Word Processor. It is what I call a "clean" application. For example, I do not open a new file and find a hundred default styles, which I would never use because they are pure crap, things designed for people who are incapable of creating a template with styles. Microsoft Word and LibreOffice are a total mess in this respect.

The footnotes and endnotes work really well. Graphics work well. The ebook feature is fantastic.

So I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that we appreciate the hard work that has gone into this application.
Eduardo

Post by Eduardo »

I totally agree with you, rstroud. This is a fantastic program. I have been using Atlantis for many years now and every day.

I just wish they would communicate more with us when comes to requests such as this.
Eduardo

----

Time is the essence of emptiness.
harolnick

Post by harolnick »

Yes. tis a super-good word processor. That's why we all use it. But no harm if inquiring whether an improvement could be made